Tuesday, July 20, 2021

 August 2020


I’ve lived in the Las Vegas valley now for over 40 years. I moved here in ‘69, left in ‘75 and returned in ‘84. I still consider myself to be a Vermonter though ... weird I know.
Anyway someone posted on a parents website here asking if anyone noticed how people here are unfriendly ... they don’t just chat with strangers. Now that’s clearly not me. I talk to people wherever I go ... the store or bowling or someone walking their dog in front of my house (that freaks some people out).
Anyway I was at WalMart. A guy was food shopping and kept looking at his list and looking around then looking back down so I asked him how he was doing. We chatted for a couple of minutes then he said, “No one talks to me anymore. I really miss that. Thank you for talking to me.” I smiled at him and noticed the tears on his face.
It’s the little things we do that so often make the greatest impact in the lives of others ... our traveling companions on this green and blue ball hurtling through space.
Come on n. There’s ice cream!
No photo description available.
Carolyn Tillery, Dean Bishop and 27 others
7 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home